Monday, February 1, 2010

hello, monday.

image found somewhere else, but original post on ambrosia girl

i don't know about you, but sometimes i need to step back and remember all the great things going on in my life; you know, when i get too absorbed in what's going on directly around me...and i forget that i'm one of the fortunate, lucky ones. {i mean, for crying out loud!, haiti.}

so recently i decided it was time to jot down some regular lil' gratitude lists in my journal. i flipped through the empty pages and wrote "things i am grateful for"on random pages and underlined it. i told myself that while writing in my journal, if i came across one of these pages, i would have to stop and jot down as many things as i was thankful for that would fit on that one page--right then, right there, right in that moment. here's the one from today {and i just might share the rest as i stumble across them, too}:
1.) muffins
2.) vanilla skim lattes in mugs
3.) days with white snow on the ground and a beautiful blue sky
4.) andy's forgiveness
5.) andy's patience
6.) andy's understanding
7.) a healthy body
8.) the ability to go to the grocery store and just "pick up" things we need,
whenever we need to
9.) a good soundtrack playing while i write/work
....
p.s. can you tell i had a little meltdown last night and andy was a total doll?

1 comment:

Katie said...

Bethie... I actually have a planner (a weekly/monthly calendar book, in teal, bought at Target) where I write down the 3-5 things I'm grateful for each day. Well, I started right before New Year's and have continued every day since. It is a fantastic way to be in touch with my sense of gratitude and spirituality. I'm glad to read about your lists, too! Good luck with your new blog. :) (Can you see my email address connected to this comment? If not, I'll clarify: cousin). :D

-Katie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...